"Our guarantee to you: Shaklee products always work, are always safe, and are always green." ~ Product Guide 2012

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Shaklee Meetings

After the meeting my friend is asking me: “I do not get it. What is the benefit for these people to have you attending their meetings if you are not in their group?” We are discussing the Shaklee meeting Turning Green to Gold that was put together by the group of Shaklee leaders Coletta and Leonard Haskin. “That is it,” – I say. “There is no direct gain to these leaders to have me and my friends as guests, and yet they open their doors and their hearts to me and my friends. They always make me feel welcome at their events.” My friend finds it hard to believe.

For some people the concept of openness and sharing is difficult to comprehend. However, that is exactly what Shaklee leadership and Shaklee business concepts are all about. That is why Shaklee is a different kind of company. There is no room for animosity, jealousy, manipulation, and other petty ugly things that most people do come across in their lifetime.  You climb your own ladder toward success, while helping and inspiring others to do the same.  
I have directly experienced much generosity from local and national Shaklee leaders by way of them sharing Dr. Shaklee’s philosophy, company’s message and their inspiring positive energy. I am in the group of someone who is far away from where I live. I have never even met them. However, in the past few years, I learned much from the local leaders who open their meetings to all to whom their message is important.  These leaders keep inspiring me with their professional business conduct and their friendly approach to everyone they meet. They are excellent  teachers. They do teach by example.
I am listening to the meeting hostess, Coletta Haskin, then to the guest speaker Jaime Hosteler and can’t help but admire these people. Coletta is a registered nurse. Her husband Leonard is an engineer. Jamie is a farmer. They all care much for their families. They have much in common. One important idea unites them all - healthy and happy environment for their families is their priority. In Coletta’s words their “mission is to teach and help other people to make thoughtful and informed choices about personal wellness.” One could not describe Shaklee mission better. I am glad that I have much in common with these leaders.

“Every meeting is about the same thing,” – my friend says. And yet, every time I do learn new things, hear new stories and wonderful testimonials about how Shaklee products help to better people’s lives. This time I have learned things that I did not know about the atrociously harmful effects on our health of chlorine and other household cleaners. I heard new stories about how Shaklee business model has helped some hardship-stricken families to get back on their feet. It is so wonderful and inspiring to hear how Shaklee is making a positive impact in so many lives. At some point the speakers asked the audience to raise their hands if they have their own Shaklee story. All but some new attendees had raised their hands. I also have a story. This past Easter morning, as if out of the blue, my mother had said to me: “I think if not for Shaklee, I would no longer be here….”

Attending such meetings, I am constantly learning, so I could help people to understand the value of Shaklee products better, so I would be a better teacher and business coach. This time, the theme of the meeting is very important to all of us – the ways to shelter our families from toxic environment by the use of non-toxic yet very efficient household products. The featured item tonight is Shaklee Basic H2 (If I remember correctly, H stands for “household.”) The product is celebrating its fiftieth birthday. Shaklee distributors are fun loving people. One always can expect much giggling and laughter at their events. We can’t keep our faces straight when we stand up and sing “happy birthday, Basic H." Truly, which other product can rival the natural highly concentrated cleaner that Dr. Forrest Shaklee came up with fifty years ago? We all smile when the presenter says “Shaklee was green before the green was green.”

It is not surprising to me to occasionally hear the phrase Shaklee Family. I noticed, that this business attracts caring, hopeful people to whom glass is always full, who already have, or at least are seeking a positive outlook on life, and who feel fulfilled when they get a chance to help out people either by pointing them to the right products, or by coaching and teaching them to successfully run their own Shaklee business. Say what you want, Shaklee independent distributors are a friendly bunch of people.

You are never alone in the Shaklee business of your own. Shaklee meetings take place all across the country.  This is how Star Distributors and Gold Ambassadors get to learn by example how to eventually run and conduct their own group meetings. And besides, one can always expect an open and honest discussion and response from Shaklee distributors. They do not lure you into their “net” before you know what products they offer, they show you the entire process of starting and running your business. If you have never heard about Shaklee business opportunity  before, the hardest thing for you, perhaps, would be to trust and believe that it is possible to earn money by being generous, open, and helpful to people, without luring people into some kind of “scheme.” Honest work does bring good results in this business.

Dear readers, I encourage you to explore the business opportunity and to try some of Shaklee products, if you could use some positive energy and positive change in your life now. I am learning from the best, so you could count on me to help you according to the same high business conduct standards that Shaklee promotes and demonstrates for many years now.  If you have never heard about Shaklee business opportunity before reading this, I hope that  you will choose me as your business coach and associate. If you are in a different Shaklee business group alreaday, I hope you will benefit from the positive testimonials and the positive messages that I am attempting to convey in this journal. This is my way to give at least a little bit of positive energy back to those Shaklee leaders who were, are and will be helping me out without asking for anything in return.

As for Mr. and Mrs. Haskin, I do so hope that they will keep their  group meeting going the first Monday of next month. All invited guests would yet again have a perfect opportunity to learn about the Shaklee difference.  Rain or snow (yes, it will snow today, it could snow in May too...), I will be there to learn from the best of the best, and, once again, to catch that bug of enthusiasm and excitement about everything that Shaklee has to offer. I hope you will choose to attend future Shaklee meetings too. I hope that you will drop me a note with your questions and inquiries regarding Shaklee products and business opportunity. Remember, “Shaklee was green before the green was green…”


D.S.

1 comment:

  1. HI Daiva, I am a Shaklee distributor in Honolulu, Hawaii, and couldn't agree with you more. The Shaklee "family" are the nicest people you could surround yourself with. We often do things together and share even if we are not in the same line, but we just share the love of Shaklee. Thanks for writing this. I hope people will see that Shaklee is a special company and it all stems from Dr. Shaklee who was such a special man and now we are so fortunate to have Roger Barnett, too! By the way, you have a very impressive site!

    ReplyDelete

Books and Articles

  • Foods that Combat Cancer. The Nutritional Way to Wellness, by Maggie Greenwood-Robinson, Ph.D.
  • Midlife Health. A Woman's Practical Guide to Feeling Good, by Ada P. Kahn & Linda Hughey Holt, M.D.
  • Nutrition Almanac. Better Life Through Better Nutrition, Nutrition Search, Inc. John D. Kirschmann, Director
  • Solved: The Riddle of Osteoporosis, by Stephen E. Langer, M.D. and James F. Scheer
  • Understanding Nutrition, by Whitney, Hamilton, Rolfes

About Me

My photo
http://www.vervelink.net http://vervelink.myshaklee.com

Followers

Total Pageviews