"Our guarantee to you: Shaklee products always work, are always safe, and are always green." ~ Product Guide 2012

Monday, May 3, 2010

"Don't make a mountain out of a molehill..."

“Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill,” - the voice in my head is so wise and proper (where is it coming from?) It immediately makes me ashamed of being frustrated over little mundane nothings. Few events of the previous weeks once again have helped me to put into perspective such seemingly disastrous nuisances of life like clogged up sink or broken tools.

Recently, one of my many Shaklee mentors survived a horrible accident resulting in a head injury; my friend underwent two life saving surgeries; while in the doctor’s office, my mom lost her conscience and ended up in the emergency room without definite diagnosis. Three people in completely different places and distinct situations, but they all are on my mind and in my heart today. Their ordeal is once again a reminder to me that Life is the most precious “possession” in this world, and the healthy life is a gift not to be disrespected.

Usually I read when I have to wait. Lately, I find it more interesting to observe people and talk to those who have time to talk. In one week, while spending time in the waiting rooms and offices of various medical facilities, I met some wonderful people who are saving lives and helping those who are ill to make their existence more bearable. I met many people who through their professional work and humane attitude give hope to helpless strangers.

You probably noticed yourself that a kind encouraging world, one sincere smile and caring look received from  others grows “wings” in us, making it possible to persevere, to endure, to bounce back.  Be it a surgeon, nurses, hospital staff, ambulance personnel, receptionists, they all are wonderful people just doing their job with dedication thus changing the world for the better. I am sincerely grateful to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books and Articles

  • Foods that Combat Cancer. The Nutritional Way to Wellness, by Maggie Greenwood-Robinson, Ph.D.
  • Midlife Health. A Woman's Practical Guide to Feeling Good, by Ada P. Kahn & Linda Hughey Holt, M.D.
  • Nutrition Almanac. Better Life Through Better Nutrition, Nutrition Search, Inc. John D. Kirschmann, Director
  • Solved: The Riddle of Osteoporosis, by Stephen E. Langer, M.D. and James F. Scheer
  • Understanding Nutrition, by Whitney, Hamilton, Rolfes

About Me

My photo
http://www.vervelink.net http://vervelink.myshaklee.com

Followers

Total Pageviews